After I "finished" the first half of this- and by finished I mean decided I didn't like what I was creating- I took another board of used canvas and started painting. I used organic and languid strokes and I like the second half of this experiment more than the first. After displaying the two of them side by side, Hannah pointed out that the compositions are basically identical and it's SO COOL. Realizing that made me like this piece so much more.
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Time
For my time project, I took a used canvas from the art room and painted over it. I used tape to section off pieces of the canvas and painted the blocks different colors. While working on this piece, I continually reflected on my choices to decide how to proceed; the steps I took were spontaneous and tended to depend on my mood that day. I really enjoyed working in the moment with this piece, and I think a good amount of risk was involved when I worked the way I did. I think I really see the results of that risk, because I ended up really not liking my project as I finished. I started the project as something geometric, and the more time i spent and the more layers I added the more organic my work became. I need to plan out what I'm going to do if I want to use defined shapes and I should have a theme or concept in mind, or a color scheme or a defined medium, if I'm going to be spontaneous during my creative process. The other people in class really helped me with this work by encouraging me to keep working at it even when I decided that I wasn't a fan any more- they told me my work was good when I didn't think it was and that was wonderful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment